Eden landscape gained the second prize of the contest designing Son La administrative center with an area of about 20ha in Chieng Ngan new urban area.
This project was one of the most important projects in plan to upgrade Son La town to class 3 city. Eden Landscape’s architects achieved the highest prize in the design contest co-organized by the People’s Committee of Son La and Vietnam Association of Architect.
The contest project was inspired by the nature, the culture and the people of Son La. The project was designed based on the adaptation of architecture to the natural and cultural environment, this design theory was concretized by the following 4 criteria:
– Make advantage of the natural terrain, ensure to preservation of native landscape of a mountainous urban.
– Exploit folk architectural art, traditional architecture of ethnic groups living in Son La land.
– Comply with the provisions of the approved general plan and masterplan.
– Select locations with nice views to locate the main buildings which should be in harmony with the nature.
Eden landscape also presented some proposal for the style of the headquarters of the Party, People’s Committee and affiliated agencies.
* Organizer: People’s Committee of Son La town and Vietnam Association of Architects
– Year of implementation: 2004
– Partner: Architect Nguyen The Khai
– Design team: Le Tuan Long, Dang Viet Hoan, Le Lan Huong, Thai Binh Duong, Nguyen Thanh Hoa, Nguyen Tien Binh, Do Hong Phong, Nguyen Viet Dung.